How is the concept for the game?
- Is it fun enough?
- How do we make it more challenging/dangerous/aligned to the objectives of learning?
- Should we introduce more danger?
Find 10-20 images of moon terrain
- Pictures of rocks
- Realistic colors of ground
- What footprints look like
- Concentrate on getting things that look dusty
Find a realistic height map of moon terrain
- This should be from a scientific source, so we can build a realistic ground
- Is the terrain I currently have good enough?
- Try to find some that has craters in it
Find pictures of different rovers and moon vehicles
- Should we use existing rovers?
- Something that we design?
- Something more sci-fi ish
- We could have up to 3 vehicles, as they take a long time to get correct
Describe each vehicle
- How tough would it be?
- How fast would it go?
- What’s it’s exact purpose? Collecting rocks? Erecting buildings?
- How should vehicles behave on the moon where there is 1/6 gravity?
- What happens if vehicles freeze or get too hot? Not work? Engines wont start? Seats melt?
- How much oxygen can each vehicle have? How does astronaut breath this? If a astronaut can hold 100 oxygen in his suit, and vehicle can hold 1000 or 5000, does vehicle transfer oxygen to astronaut when he leaves? So, I can recharge my suit by climbing into a vehicle?
- Can vehicles “jump” or have a speed boost? Which ones would be aimed at going over crater walls?
- Should we have some sort of drone that’s remote controlled for exploring or pushing a vehicle or pulling it out of a hole or for carrying resources?
Describe each building
- How many should we have?
- What should each do? Things without animations are ideal… so if the texture on the outside explains what it does, the better.
- How much resources should each cost to build?
- How long should it take to build them?
- How big are they? Hundreds of feet? Man-sized? Ginormous?
- Does the building have any “pre-requisites”? Does a mineral processor need an electrical plant first? If so, how do we make the first buildings?
Describe the minerals
- Are the ones above sufficient? Is a “minerals gathering” game fun?
- Should all minerals be mined from rocks? Some from the ground?
- Should the player be able to mine directly from the rock or only in a rover? Can the player carry resources?
- Once resources are close to a building or site, is that enough to create a new building? Does the astronaut need to carry them in? What can we do that’s realistic but not boring?
- What colors should each resource be?
- Should there be an icon of each? Should each have a specific weight so that the rover can only carry X total?
How should we interface with the Moon Base?
- Do we drive up to it and then get an overhead (SimCity-like) screen? Do we have each building be a big 3D object or an icon on a map?
- What does the interface to the moon base look like? How do you pick which buildings to create?
What do you all think?
Is this fun and educational?