I've added a minor update as version 1.7:
- To fix a few of the bug reports, I changed the way that movement works with mining - now you use up energy every time you mine. This lets you mine faster.
- The player starts out with a bunch of minerals to begin with, to make getting a robot quicker.
- Each robot can have different numbers associated with it - how fast it mines, how much it mines
- Everytime you mine, it will use up a bit of that area... after 10 or so times, it will tell you that there's been too much mining in the area
Plans for next mining updates:
- Robots wil hold on to minerals, you have to go out and pick them up when they are full
- After robots can't mine in an area, they'll randomly move around until they find a spot that isn't mined yet, then restart
- When robots mine, they might hit a pocket of gas or something explosive
- When robots mine, they might slowly take damage
- You can recall robots to base... some of them might not work and you have to pick them up
-- This wil be very useful if a meteor storm is about to hit
- If robots break, you can either fix them or scrap them for resources
- When making robots, you can pick many different options for building them
What other ideas?!