Operations and Maintenance
- Re-supply missions to moon.
- Remotely drive a rover to collect supplies from landing site
- Set up power unit – deploy solar panels
- Respond to anomalies:
- Return to Moon Base due to radiation from solar activity
- Power loss – repair power station
- Medical issues – rescue injured astronaut
- Pressure leaks (micrometeorites) – repair facility
- Broken filtration units – build new water filtration unit
- Reports of different problems from earth
Other possibilities for the video game. This can include a host of anomalies from things blowing up to falling off a cliff. I think the more danger, the better.
- Building the base – inflating structures or using the Moon buggy to move structures into place.
- Mining operation – Astronaut services a robotic mining operation. Perhaps transporting oxygen to the home base or Helium 3 to a rocket for launch
- Servicing failed equipment – autonomous telescopes that break down
- Cleaning off large solar cells when covered by regolith (If he kicks up too much dust, the solar cells get covered and power in the station goes down)
- Food production – hydroponics facility
- Collecting supplies that came from earth